ECO MUSIC CHALLENGE 2012
- The NEA Eco Music Challenge 2012 provides a platform for talented and passionate individuals to express their appreciation and support for our beautiful environment through music. Moreover, it serves to spread the environment message and encourage everyone to take action and care for our environment. We invite all aspiring song writers to support the environmental cause and write a song for a Clean and Green Singapore.
- To enter the NEA Eco Music Challenge 2012 (the "Contest"), each participant shall submit their audio or video entries online via http://nea.ecomusic.sg (the "Website").
- There will be 2 categories in NEA Eco Music Challenge 2012.
- Open Category – open only to all persons aged 17 years and above, as at 31 December 2012*
- Schools Category – open only to Primary and Secondary School (or its equivalent) students aged 16 years and below, as at 31 December 2012* * In the event of an entry submitted by a group of which members are of differing ages, the age of the oldest group member shall be the relevant age used to determine the category under which the entry shall fall under.
- Submissions should meet the following requirements:
- Recorded in audio or video format;
- Recorded in English, Mandarin, Malay or Tamil;
- Recorded composition should consist of a verse and chorus with a duration of at least 1 minute;
- The entry should be an original composition which is unpublished and not performed.
- Before you submit your entry, please ensure you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by all the Terms and Conditions.
- Contest submission begins on 1 April 2012 at 1200 hours SGT and ends on 7 July 2012 at 2359 hours SGT. NEA reserves the right to extend the deadline of the Contest if required.
Eligibility and Entry Procedures
- All residents of Singapore are eligible to participate in the contest, except for employees of the National Environment Agency, their immediate family members, Finalists from any previous NEA Eco Music Challenge Seasons and any other parties involved in organising or associating directly in this contest.
- For the purpose of this contest, an individual is considered a Singapore resident if he/she is:
- A Singapore citizen or permanent resident who resides permanently in Singapore.
- A foreigner who has stayed/worked in Singapore for at least six months.
- Any participant who has not attained 18 years of age and above (based on the date-of-birth at the time of entering the contest and submission of works to the Contest) must obtain proper parental / guardian's consent in writing to participate in the contest. Any breach of this term shall be deemed as a breach of condition and the participant would automatically be disqualified from this contest.
For participants who are less than 7 years old, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- All participants are required to fill in their personal particulars in the compulsory fields (i.e. marked with asterisks). Any entry with incomplete or invalid details will be disqualified immediately.
- Participants are allowed to submit more than one entry using the same NRIC/FIN.
- In the event that NEA receives two similar entries by two different participants, only the participant who submitted the entry first will be eligible for the contest.
- Submitted entries with content deemed as irrelevant or offensive by NEA will be removed at NEA's discretion.
- The selection process is as follows:-
Participants submit audio or video entries online via http://nea.ecomusic.sg between 1 April 2012 to 7 July 2012
Entries received after 7 July 2012 at 2359 hours SGT will not be considered.
∇ NEA shortlists 20 participants for the Semi- Finals round. 14 teams will be selected from the Open Category and 6 teams from the Schools Category (3 from primary and 3 from secondary)*
*Due to overwhelming response and the strong quality of song submissions, we have decided to increase the number of semi-finalists to 19 for the Open Category and 9 for the Schools Category.
All semi-finalists will be notified of details for the Semi-Finals via email and phone.
The Semi-Finals will be a closed door event.
During Semi Finals,
2 teams from the 3 Primary School teams will walk away with 1st Prize: $200 and 2nd Prize: $100
2 teams from the 3 Secondary School teams will walk away with 1st Prize: $500 and 2nd Prize: $250
2 teams will be selected from any of the 4 winning teams to go into the finals
∇ 12 teams will make it to the Finals with 10 teams from the Open Category and 2 teams from the Schools Category
All 12 finalists are required to complete a 3-week mentorship by Mr Clement Chow, Mr Jack Ho, Mr Peng Chi Sheng and Mr Jack Lim in order to qualify for the Grand Finale.
All 12 finalists will perform their songs at the Grand Finale concert on 25 August 2012 where the top 3 winners will be crowned.
- The short-listing of qualifying entries will be based on the criteria below:-
Judges 80% Public 20%
- The finalists competing for the top prizes at the Grand Finale concert will be judged based on the criteria below
Composition 60% Delivery 20% Costume and Choreography 20%
- The judging panel will comprise NEA personnel and music industry professionals including Mr Clement Chow, a veteran composer, Mr Jack Ho, famous local singer from duo Jack & Rai, Mr Peng Chi Sheng, Director at Intune Music School and Mr Jack Lim, renowned music producer and composer.
- The judges shall have the right to select alternative winners to replace any winners who are subsequently disqualified.
- The decision of the judges is final and no appeals will be accepted or entertained.
- Public voting begins on 1st April 2012 at 1200 hours SGT and ends on 7 July 2012 at 2359 hours SGT.
- Using the same Facebook account, voters may vote once for the same entry and up to an unlimited amount of entries.
- The participant who submits the best song (1st Prize) will win S$5,000 cash, a trophy and one or more performing opportunities (venue to be confirmed). Other prizes include:
- 2nd Prize: S$3,000 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- 3rd Prize: S$2,000 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- 9 Consolation Prizes: S$300 cash each
- The top 2 teams from Primary School Category will walk away with:
- 1st Prize: S$200 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- 2nd Prize: S$100 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- The top 2 teams from Secondary School Category will walk away:
- 1st Prize: S$500 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- 2nd Prize: S$250 cash, a trophy and performing opportunity
- Other Prizes:
- 1 Special Prize for entry with the most online votes: (To be confirmed)
- 1 Special Prize for Most Popular Song during Finals: (To be confirmed)
- 1 Special Prize for lucky voter: (To be confirmed)
- NEA reserves the right to substitute or replace the prize with any other prize of similar value without prior notice.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-exchangeable.